Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow.

It's snowing here. The Spaniards get pretty excited for snow, not as much as the people in SC, but a close second. There is enough salt on the road for the next 30 years though..they are good about that. Anyway sorry for not writing for awhile. That last post took alot of out me..haha. Things have been going well. I love having a 3 day weekend. This is the first time in my college career not having classes on Friday..I LOVE IT. Though it makes going back to school that much harder on Monday. So I have my class schedule all picked out and I'm taking on MW at 11:40 Comunicacion y Conversacion and at 1:00 socidad espanola. Those two classes are in Spanish. Then I come back at 6pm for my International Marketing class. Then on T/TH I have Fundamental Aspects of Spanish Art at 10 and International Business at 11:40. My classes are pretty cool and my Art class is really cool bc we have several classes at the Prado and Renia Sofia Museums.

This weekend was Carnival in Spain...which is pretty much like Mardi Gras. So I had a pretty fun weekend, we went out on Friday night to a club and then on Saturday we went to the coolest parade ever. (Macy's Day Parade has nothing on this one) There were people in the craziest costumes ever, people on stilts, and two people on bouncing stilts...basically like they had tall pogo sticks for legs. It was incredible to watch. After that we went back to the Residencia for a delicious dinner..haha yeaaa. And then we went to a bar and met up with some other friends for a few cervezas, after of course we went shopping for costumes. I got a pretty cool mask that made me feel like a Power Ranger for most of the night, while some of my other friends got grass skirts and wigs and headbands. The next place we went to after the bar was a club/pool hall/bar. People were dressed up to the max there and we had a good time mingling with the Spanish crowd.

I also played some poker at the Residencia with some Spanish kids and I am proud to say I hung in there for a while taking 4th place. (Winning with pocket Kings kept me in the game.) That was a really cool experience because I got to learn some new Spanish phrases. Let's see what else has been going on...my classes, oh my parents sent me a package for Valentine's Day, how cute..and they sent me peanut butter. Which I have been craving and some Reese's because I love them and can't find them here. I wish I could be watching a bit more Olympics while I'm here, but I've only managed to see a little since there are only a few TVs in this joint.

Oh! I know I booked my Spring Break plans. At the end of March, we have about 10 days for Spring Break where I will be flying into Milan, then taking a train to Venice staying there for 3 nights, then a train to Prague, staying there for about 3 nights, then flying to Copenhagen staying there for 2 nights and then we are flying back to Madrid from Copenhagen. I really wanted to go to Vienna and Budapest instead of Copenhagen, but the flights back to Madrid were unreal, so Copenhagen here I come. I'm excited for the trip, I'm going with a good number of my friends so it should be interesting to say the least. I'm also looking to book my flights to Ireland and Portugal today because there are some pretty good deals right now. Warning: I need a job the SECOND I step foot on American soil. haha. Oh well. Anyway I have to run to school..Its 4 am at home, but 11 am here. Hopefully I can catch some Olympics tonight.
-Morgan

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Go USA Olympic teams! Have fun on break...did you get airfare to Ireland??

    ReplyDelete